Profit and Purpose – Uneasy Bedfellows?
Ever wondered how your organisation and the brands you represent can contribute to bringing about change at scale? Is there a way to make money and address a societal issue?
Ask yourself: do you want to work for an organisation that is only focussed on the bottom line?
Join us for a Shared Value Masterclass, where you’ll learn how the right strategy can reconnect profit and social progress. Don’t miss out on your chance to hear how 2017 Shared Value Loeries Gold winner Safaricom made Shared Value work for them – Safaricom is contributing 6% to the Kenyan GDP – and how they changed 25 million Kenyans’ lives forever.
Shared Value acknowledges that, in order to be sustainable, a business must generate a profit – but this does not have to be at the expense of purpose. Businesses can identify areas where economic and social needs intersect, finding opportunity in the midst of struggle.
- Sanda Ojiambo – Head of Corporate Responsibility, Safaricom (Kenya)
- Dinesh Govender – CEO, Discovery Vitality
- Shobna Persadh – Corporate Affairs & Sustainability Business Director, Unilever
- Tiekie Barnard – CEO & Founder, Shared Value Africa Initiative
- Cindy Langeveld – Director & Co-Founder, Shared Value Africa Initiative
The Shared Value MasterClass is proudly brought to you by the Shared Value Africa Initiative in partnership with Discovery.